CALL FOR COLLABORATION
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) provides a baseline standard of protection for personal data in Singapore. It complements sector-specific legislative and regulatory frameworks such as the Banking Act and Insurance Act. PDPA enforcement regulations came into operation on 1 February 2021. It comprises various requirements governing the collection, use, disclosure, and care of personal data in Singapore. It also provides for the establishment of a national “Do Not Call” (DNC) Registry.
SICCI, like other TAC (Trade Associations and Chambers) is preparing to help SICCI member companies and SME Centre clients to
- Identify legislative and regulatory requirements under the PDPA that may impact them negatively
- Put in place organisation’s internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Identify and document areas of non-compliance
- Assist in the review of the organisation’s guidelines/policies for adherence to requirements under the PDPA
- Implement procedures and legal agreements to ensure adherence to requirements under the PDPA
We are therefore calling for qualified companies and consultants to provide pro bono services to
- a) Educate Chamber members on the above
- b) provide regular and updated content on SICCI’s website and newsletter on PDPA case studies and market research
If you are able to provide both (a) and (b), please furnish us with the details of the offering and the collaboration model in your submission (Expression of Interest -EOI) by 25th March 2022 to email@example.com.